The Special Events Unit is responsible for:
- Processing special event applications, and
- Organizing a number of community-wide special events. Click on the links to the left for more information.
City Special Events
The City of Watsonville offers a number of community events throughout the year. Click on the links to the left for more information.
Sponsoring City Special Events
A special event permit is required for events that:
Special Event Permits
- use city property such as streets, parks, buildings, etc.
- are open to the public; and or
- have entertainment: singing, dancing, DJ, Choir, etc; and or
- use sound amplification such as a micro-phone, stereo; and or
- that are a parade, march or procession, and or
- require street closures or will impact traffic.
Special Event Brochure
Special Event Application
To apply for a special event permit, submit a completed Special Event Application found below and return it to the Parks and Community Services Department customer service office at 231 Union St. Watsonville, 95076 or email it to Israel.email@example.com.
Call for Applications for Community Special Event Sponsorship Program
The City of Watsonville recognizes the value of partnering with other agencies and organizations in providing services that benefit the community and its residents. In an effort to provide support for organizations providing community special events, specific guidelines have been established for determining when City fees may be reduced or waived and when an event may be considered for sponsorship (see “Community Special Event Sponsorship Program Policies”). In order to request sponsorship or a reduction or waiver of fees, the application below must be completed and submitted with the necessary documentation.
We are currently accepting applications for events occurring July 1, 2019 - June 30 2020. Applications are due August 23 at 5:00pm
Call for Applications
Application for Community Special Event Sponsorship
Community Special Event Sponsorship Policy