There is currently road work at the following locations:
- Green Valley Road Slide Repair Project. Construction of the Green Valley Road Slide Repair project is scheduled to begin January 22. This project will reinforce the slope embankment of Green Valley road just southwest of Carey Avenue. Work hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Project to last two weeks.
- Route 129/Carlton Rd. Intersection Improvements. Realign Carlton Road, construct new intersection, and construct left-turn lane on Route 129 - Project to start end of September and completed in Spring of 2019. Carlton Road will remain close 24 hrs. during construction. For complete details click here. This is a Caltrans Project.
- Airport Boulevard Reconstruction Project. Project is scheduled to be completed by the end of this year (2018).Traffic control will be in place during this project. This project includes installation of sidewalks where none exist, high visibility crosswalks and curb ramps at corners, refuge island for enhanced pedestrian safety crossing will also be installed at the intersection with Holm Road. Existing signs and striping will also be upgraded within the project area.
- Water Main Replacement Project - January 15th through end of 2018. Locations include: Marchant from Beach St. to Riverside, Maple from Union St. to Lincoln St., Grant St. & Bockius St. and Elm St. from Union St. to Lincoln St. Construction hours: 7am-4pm Monday-Friday
- Sanitary Sewer Manholes Project - Project is scheduled to begin on April 23, 2018. The project will construct new sanitary sewer manholes on the following streets:
--San Benito St.
- Pennsylvania Ave. to Green Valley Road - PG&E will be replacing the gas main starting at Ramsay Park and running to Pennsylvania Avenue to Green Valley Road and to Lawrence Avenue. The project will begin on 6/26/18 and should be completed by 11/15/18. The work will be done during the evening hours from 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Striping will be completed before end of this year (2018).
- Harkins Slough Road (behind Ramsay Park). Housing construction continues in this area. Be aware of construction crews. No lane closures or traffic control.
- Mañana Lane: Clean-up being completed by Contractor on the Mañana Lane Project.
Links to Roads Traffic Conditions
Road Closures in Santa Cruz County.
Cruz511 Traffic Conditions
California Highway Conditions